13th Jan 2020 - 10:05am
Former Tradeweb sales head joins Mosaic Smart Data as new Head of Sales
13/01/2020 - 10:05am
- Mosaic Smart Data (Mosaic), a real-time capital markets data analytics company, has appointed Mike Thorpe as its new Head of Sales.
- Over the past year, Mosaic Smart Data has updated its MSX platform to provide analytics for trading venues and buy-side firms as well as expanding the number of asset classes on the platform. Now, Thorpe joins a team of more than 40 at Mosaic to grow the company’s client base among the world’s largest institutions and support existing clients in on-boarding additional features and asset classes of the MSX platform.
- Thorpe joins Mosaic after 14 years at Tradeweb where he was Head of European sales since 2014. While at Tradeweb, he was responsible for senior buy-side client relationships as well as managing the sales functions and teams across its entire European operation. Prior to this, Thorpe was Head of UK Sales at MarketAxess, and spent 13 years in foreign exchange and fixed income sales at Citi and Merrill Lynch in London and Sydney.
- Thorpe says: “Having worked with some of the world’s top financial services institutions, over the last few years conversations have increasingly turned to the need for data analytics. It is now top of the agenda for firms across the markets, on the buy-side and sell-side. It is very exciting to be joining a company at the forefront of delivering this technology.
- “The revolutionary work that Matthew Hodgson and the highly skilled team at Mosaic Smart Data have been doing has garnered much attention from across the industry and I am very pleased to now be joining the team at a new stage of the company’s growth. This promises to be a very exciting year for the company, and I am looking forward to getting to work.”
- Matthew Hodgson, CEO and Founder of Mosaic Smart Data, says: “Mike has a wealth of specialised experience and an impeccable reputation across financial services. We are very pleased that he will be joining us as we embark on the next exciting steps of our journey.”
Moves & Appointments